Madrid (Spain) - 30th & 31st March and 1st April 2011
The sixth Aerodays will take place from 30th of March to 1st April 2011 in Madrid, following its successful predecessors that took place in Brussels (1991), Naples (1993), Toulouse (1997), Hamburg (2001) and Vienna (2006).
The event will bring together aeronautics stakeholders, ministries, agencies and R&D centres from all over Europe and overseas to network, present their latest research results and discuss common future R&D projects.
Organized by CDTI (Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology in Spain) and the European Commission (Directorate General for Research), Aerodays 2011 will provide a perfect opportunity to present and disseminate information about EU-funded RTD results, and will be in line with the EU goals of creating a Single European Sky and a European Research Area, and of finding innovative approaches to sustainable aviation in a global environment.
The Aerodays seek:
- To link the political messages of key stakeholders with the developments in aeronautics and air transport;
- To report on the latest advances in aeronautics world-wide;
- To encourage new partnerships in collaborative projects;
- To present technological achievements and ongoing research and technological development that is carried out under the EU's Framework Programmes, national and international research actions, and European large scale technology initiatives (such as JTI Clean Sky, SESAR and Galileo);
- To present a forum for the review process of the Vision 2020 goals and the Aeronautics Strategic Research Agenda;
- To offer an opportunity to formulate a vision on the future of aeronautics, including FP8 and the ACARE Vision 2050.
Main conference features
- Up to 1.000 participants are expected from Europe and overseas;
- Keynote and plenary speeches by main political actors involved in aeronautics from the European Commission, Member States, European Parliament, Spanish Ministries and regional governments, industry and research;
- Main players from the aeronautics industry and research community world wide;
- Substantial parallel sessions structured by the challenges of SRA2 and addressing key activities fo FP7;
- Special sessions on topics like international co-operation, national activities, GARTEUR, JTI Clean Sky and SESAR;
- Attractive side events: technology and poster exhibitions and information stands;
- Special meetings such as ACARE Plenary, AirTN2 or projects meetings (Cooperateus, EARPG EASA, etc.);
- Conference excursions to Spanish aerospace facilities.
Event information and registration
- Organizers: CDTI, European Commission (Directorate General for Research).
- Venue: Palacio Municipal de Congresos (Municipal Conference Centre). Av. de la Capital de España Madrid, s/n. 28042 Madrid. Near to Barajas Airport (easy access from the City Centre by public transport). http://www.madridespaciosycongresos.com/palacio/situacion_i.cfm
- Working language: English (translation to Spanish only available in the opening ceremony).
- Agenda: Please, go to http:www.aerodays2011.org.
- Registration: Through http:www.aerodays2011.org. Registration will be available from 2nd November.
- Participation: Fees will be published on the official website once the registration is available.
If you would like to receive information related to Aerodays 2011 by e-mail, please register on the mailing list.
For technical questions or issues related to sponsorship, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org.